ACTIVITIES OF PSYCHIATRIC NURSING DEPARTMENT-2017
MR.JOHN JEBA SUNDER,M.Sc(N).
MR. V. JOHN BRITTO, M.Sc(N)
MRS. S. JOY CHRISTY ANBU MALAR, M.Sc(N)
PROF. DR. R. JANCY RACHEL DAISY, M.Sc(N), Ph.D
Department of Mental Health Nursing
To develop adequate skill in care of patients with mental illness
- To appreciate the trends and issues in the field of psychiatry and psychiatric nursing
- To explain the dynamics of personality development and human behavior
- To describe the concepts of psychobiology in mental disorders and its implication for psychiatry nursing
- To demonstrate therapeutic communication skills
- To apply nursing process approach in caring for patients with psychotic and neurotic disorders
- To describe the psychopharmacological agents, their effects and nurses role
- To recognize the role of psychiatric nurse and recognize as a member of the psychiatric and mental health zone.
- B.SC.(N) III Year
- M.SC (N) II Year
- Institute of Mental Health, Kilpauk , Chennai.
- Oasis Charitable Trust, Cuddalore
- Adiparasakthi Spastic Children Society, Melmaruvathur
- Vella special school for Deaf and Dumb, Villupuram
- Anbu Illam (Home for old age, orphans and destitutes), Villupuram.
- Organization of Psychosocial drama at psychiatric institution & community settlement
- Celebration of Significant events
- Anti Drug Abuse Day - June 26
- World Dementia Day - September 21
- World Mental Health Day - October 12